Discover the Luberon
Lourmarin, guarding the southern entrance to the the Luberon Regional Park, is particularly well situated at the center of a perfect circle of “Provençal” villages and towns.
It's an ideal base for visiting the region as almost all places of interest can be reached within an hour by car. One can also easily visit other regions every day and “return home” every night to enjoy the restaurants and entertainment of the village, after having visited the antique shops of Isle-sur-Sorgue, the Abbey of Sénanques in its impresive landscape of lavender fields, all the wonderful hilltop villages, or further south the Gallo-Roman ruins of Arles and Nimes; after having walked in the footsteps of Cézanne or Van Gogh, or dipped into the blue Mediterranean waters in the Cassis creeks.
A hiker's paradise, our region offers the ever-changing landscapes and living richness of Provence.
Photo CC by Andrew Gustar
No matter the length of your stay, you will leave with unforgettable memories.
- Luberon, with its lavender, rosemary, olive trees and vinyards
- Luberon, with its ochre, cliffs and cedar forests
- Luberon, with its birds of prey, insects and flowers
- Luberon, with its “Bories” (old dry stone dwellings), fossils and neolithic caves
- Luberon, with its history of the Waldensians and the Protestants (Huguenots)
- Luberon, with its castle ruins and perched villages